Functional and Reactive Programing with Java 8

Unfortunately, FP is a religious suggest for a lot of people. I jumped on the FP Religious bandwagon for awhile back into 2012. Today I consider myself more practical rather than just "pure" in regards of FP. To be 100% clear my goal is not to be controversial or create any kind of flamewar. I feel free to disagree with me. The fact is I like Scala a lot and is very hard to talk about java 8 without talking about Scala. IMHO Java 8 got some good influence from Scala. IMHO I don't think Java 8 is a drug to get into Haskell :-).

Java 8 got some sort of FP influence, Thanks to Scala I would say. I suppose to deliver a talk about functional and reactive programming with Java 8, 2 years ago and I found this slide deck in my machine so I thought about making a video presenting some of the functional programming principles with Java 8 including frameworks such as RxJava. So this is a ~40 minutes video - I hope you guys enjoy and have fun.








Video



Functional and Reactive Programing with Java 8 from Diego Pacheco on Vimeo.


Slides




Cheers,
Diego Pacheco

Popular posts from this blog

Kafka Streams with Java 15

Rust and Java Interoperability

HMAC in Java